If you have played enough video games, chances are that you have heard about a potato gun. You’ve probably thought to yourself how cool it would be to make something like this. Well, it is possible, and not as hard as it seems. We are going to talk about making your own potato gun.
Remember when you were younger and you really wanted a potato gun? It was on your wishlist for Chrismas, but Santa never got around to bringing you one (because he’s too busy working a full-time job these days). Wouldn’t it have been cool if you could have built an easy potato gun yourself? Well now you’re an adult and there are kits for building that are available online.
How to build a potato gun
The Potato Gun is a simple device that uses air pressure to shoot potatoes at high speeds. However, there are many different variations of potato guns, depending on how much time and money you want to spend on your project. Here are some of the most popular versions of these guns.
Potato Cannon: The simplest design for a potato cannon consists of a PVC pipe with one end capped off and the other end open. Insert your potato into the barrel and light its fuse. When the fuse burns down all the way, it will ignite gunpowder located in a small compartment at the bottom of your barrel. This causes an increase in pressure inside your barrel which forces your potato out with great force!
Air Cannon: An air cannon works by using compressed gas as opposed to gunpowder as its fuel source. Compressed gas can be obtained from aerosol cans or carbon dioxide chargers used with paintball guns (make sure they’re empty!). A compressor works best for filling these types of cannons but if you don’t have one available then you can use a bicycle pump or even just leave it running while holding down your trigger until it’s filled enough to fire properly.
How does it work?
It’s time to build a potato gun!
Let’s face it; everyone knows that the best thing about a potato gun is shooting your friends with it. But here’s the thing: you can’t just go out and buy one. They’re illegal in most countries, so you have to build one yourself.
But don’t worry, building your own potato gun is easy. All you need is access to some basic tools, a few household items, and a little bit of patience. And in no time at all, you’ll be blasting potatoes out at 200 feet per second!
Here are the steps to make a potato gun:
1. Get your materials ready
2. Build the barrel of your gun
3. Build the trigger mechanism
4. Build the back end of your gun
5. Add a safety mechanism
6. Test your potato gun and make sure it works properly
You’ve probably seen videos of people shooting potatoes with PVC pipe. It’s one of those things that seems like it would be easy to do, but it’s actually a bit tricky. Here I’ll show you how to build your own potato gun!
PVC pipe (1/2″ diameter)
End cap (1/2″ diameter)
Hacksaw or pipe cutter
Utility knife or box cutter
Marker or pen (for marking holes)
There are many ways to make a potato gun. Some are very simple, while others are complex and require more time and effort.
Here’s how to make a potato gun:
1. Buy all the parts and materials you need, including PVC pipe, an air compressor or CO2 tank, PVC connectors and fittings, glue or tape, screws or nails and a paint can lid (for the barrel). You can find these items at any hardware store.
2. Cut the PVC pipe into small pieces — about 10 inches long — with a hacksaw or power saw. Make sure each piece has one end that fits snugly into another piece of PVC pipe. If your gun doesn’t fit together well when you’re done building it, add some glue or tape to hold the pieces together securely until you’re ready for shooting practice!
3. Screw together three pipes as shown in the photo above with one end of each pipe overlapping by about two inches where they meet up with the next pipe section. This will form a chamber where you’ll put your potato (or other ammo). If you have access to an air compressor or CO2 tank at home or work, then use it to blow air through this “chamber” into